Announcing the Blue Lake Rising Grants 2015 Recipients!
The 2015 Blue Lake Rising Grants were awarded at the Humboldt Steelhead Days kickoff event at the Mad River Brewery on January 23. Presented through a partnership of local arts, civic and business organizations, the Blue Lake Rising Grant program invites community members of any age to creatively engage Blue Lake through a project of their own design. Four art‐based grants were awarded in the amount of $750 each.
The following 2015 Blue Lake Rising Grant proposals were selected by an independent panel of community volunteers:
- The Mad River Old Crows will add landscaping with native plants and wheelchair access to their bench on Hatchery Road.
- SOMA Acrobatic Theatre Company will hold a two-day acrobatic workshop and community performance in July 2015.
- A new Community Singing Group will be formed including regular rehearsals and a performance in July 2015.
- Blue Lake /Fieldbrook Little League will design and display four inspirational banners at Perigot Park.
The first round of BLR Grants were launched in 2014 by Dell’Arte to use art to strengthen business and the economy in Blue Lake, as part of a grant from ArtPlace America. The grants were so successful, that all community partners have committed to another round. The hope is to continue the grants on an annual basis.
Projects could include public art, such as murals or banners; live events including performances, lectures or demonstrations; or creative civic improvement or recreation projects like garbage receptacle make-overs, benches, or river stewardship. All projects should include an arts component or show creative thinking about improving our everyday lives in Blue Lake. The grants give power directly to community members to create projects that envision a better Blue Lake.
Find out more about the 2014 Blue Lake Rising Grant winners here: 2014 BLR grants
Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014: Application available at www.sunnybluelake.com, the Dell’Arte office or Stardough’s Cafe.
Friday, Jan. 9, 2015: Proposals due (5 p.m.)
Friday, Jan. 23, 2015: Winners announced at kick-off for Humboldt Steelhead Days
Friday, June 26, 2015: Projects completed (to coincide with Mad River Festival)
Monday, Aug. 31, 2015: Final reports due with pictures
DOWNLOAD GRANT APPLICATION HERE:
(For best success with the form, right click the link above and download the form to your computer. You can fill the form out in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.)
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION:
Please pick one of the following ways to submit your application to the Blue Lake Rising Program.
1) Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. (PT) on Friday, January 9, 2015
2) Drop-off the application to the Dell’Arte main office by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 9, 2015
3) Mail the application to: Blue Lake Rising Grant Program, Dell’Arte, Box 816, Blue Lake, CA 95525
The 2015 Blue Lake Rising Grants are supported by the Arcata Sunrise and Mad River Rotary, Stardough’s Café, Wallace and Hinz, the Blue Lake Chamber of Commerce, The Old Crows, the Blue Lake Museum, the City of Blue Lake, Claire Reynolds of Mad River Rose, and Dell’Arte International.
Blue Lake Rising Grants were launched in 2014 by Dell’Arte to use art to strengthen business and the economy in Blue Lake, as part of a grant from ArtPlace America. The grants were so successful, that all community partners have committed to another round. The hope is to continue the grants on an annual basis.